In order to assure that Iowa Humane Alliance’s name, image, and reputation are properly represented, we ask that all third-party fundraisers abide by the following policies. Your cooperation will help us guarantee consistency and quality in the events that ultimately benefit our clinic. Thank you again for your efforts.
1. Iowa Humane Alliance would love to help you with your event if we can. Please contact us early (3-4 weeks, or more, prior to the event) so that we can try to provide you with any direction or assistance you might need. (Please keep in mind that we also have events planned and have limited staff so the earlier you can contact us about your proposed event, the better.) Some of the things we might be able to help with include:
- Promote your event in our e-newsletter, on our Facebook page or the IHA website.
- Distribute posters or literature for your event.
- Supply t-shirts or other IHA merchandise to sell at your event.
- Put out a call to volunteers to help staff the event.
- Ask for donations to help make your event as successful as possible.
If you are interested in sponsoring an event to benefit Iowa Humane Alliance, please contact Kathleen Schoon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to give us as much notice as possible - at least 3-4 weeks - prior to your event. If you would like to request that Iowa Humane Alliance have a presence at your event (booth, literature, sell IHA merchandise, etc.), please state this in the email and we will try to help you reach your fundraising goals by sending an IHA representative. Please keep in mind that we have limited staff and IHA events that may not make this possible.
2. Iowa Humane Alliance does not have the personnel to handle the organizational and administrative tasks associated with third-party events. Therefore, you are responsible for all details of the event including, but not limited to: underwriting all of the related costs; recruiting volunteers to help out at the event; creating flyers to publicize the event; working at the actual event.
3. The event must be promoted in a manner that clearly states Iowa Humane Alliance is the beneficiary and not the sponsor of the event. Iowa Humane Alliance bears no liability for the event or endorsements pertaining to any product, firm, organization, individual, or service.
4. The name and logo must be used in accordance with Iowa Humane Alliance’s graphic standards. We can provide you with information regarding organizational fonts, colors and proper usage of our logo.
5. All promotional materials must clearly state the percentage of proceeds that will benefit the Iowa Humane Alliance. For example, you are holding an online eBay auction and selling your collectibles and plan to donate 40% of the proceeds to IHA. Any materials you produce to promote your auction need to show that 40% of the proceeds will be directed to IHA.
6. Iowa Humane Alliance should receive a list of targeted sponsors for the event before they are approached to minimize overlap with any other Iowa Humane Alliance events, sponsorships, grants and/or fundraising campaigns that may be ongoing.
7. Iowa Humane Alliance can provide informational materials promoting the organization, its goals and accomplishments. Advance notice is needed regarding the quantities needed for the event. The following items are available:
- Iowa Humane Alliance Brochures
- Spay and neuter fact sheets
- Posters or fliers targeting programs or fundraising efforts
8. Event organizers are responsible for obtaining all permits, especially those for raffles and/or games of chance. Iowa law requires a gambling license to be obtained prior to holding any kind of raffle.
9. Event organizers must obtain their own liability insurance to cover the event should it be deemed necessary. Iowa Humane Alliance is not financially liable for the promotion and/or staging of third-party events.
10. Under no circumstances should third-party event revenue and expenses flow through Iowa Humane Alliance. The final net proceeds from the event are to be donated to Iowa Humane Alliance.
11. Due to insurance requirements, please note that third party fundraisers cannot be held at the Iowa Humane Alliance clinic without prior, written approval by Iowa Humane Alliance.
12. The event must support the mission of the organization. (Anything that promotes breeding or the sale of animals will not be sanctioned. Iowa Humane Alliance reserves the right to determine what is not in keeping with our mission.)
13. It is up to you to understand the federal, state and local laws governing fundraising. (Remember, Iowa Humane Alliance cannot bear any liability or responsibility for your event.)
14. The logo for Iowa Humane Alliance or any of its events cannot be duplicated without expressed, written consent and can never be altered either by color, font or image. The following logo is the only approved logo for third-party events. Right click to save logo.